Tuesday, August 28, 2012

We are Number 1 or 'You can do it'

I love going on-line and finding a site that changes/challenges my view of the world. What do i lookout for in these sites? not sure. I would like to think its a veritable mix of Quirky/Interesting/Creative/Challenging/Funny. Truth is when it comes down to it, there's no real answer.

Followed various blogs from time to time and i must say, lots of interesting people out there with interesting things to say.

It seems according to world rating of been number 1 at something, Nigeria is actually good at Cassava. Dont take my word for it, check here. Now that's a site that got me smiling. Its a site that breaks information down into visuals that are stimulating and at the same time quirky. That's a mix that gets my brain doing the maracana on a BRT bus.

Also look out for the visualisations that show you which sites are matriachal vs. Patriachal, or just check here.

The cassava thing came as a pleasant surprise to me. I expected something else, but, the people that came up with that visualisation probably thought that Nigeria princes on the run was just too easy a target.

Someone once said that the best way to go about getting good at something was to go out and do it... Ok, noone said that but you have to admit, it does look like something a brilliant, hardnosed business man selling sand to donkeys could have said. which brings up the interesting point about all those internet quotes but i digress. 3 updates in 3 months isn't gonna cut it but i will keep at it till i get the hang of this thing.

I got the site information from Scott who always manages to inspire open my brain to new creative impulses. Definitely a site to look at, and he does Dilbert too so that's another plus.

Still need to think of a catchphrase thats mine.

erm, er, i got nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment