Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Can you hear the bell?

Always seems like when you are down and out, you get to hear the bell. This means that you get a chance to go back to your corner and come out hitting everything that stands in your way. Might be time to drop the boxing analogy but i guess it's the best(ok, maybe not the best but i am writing this) way of explaining how i feel right.

Ding,ding...that's the sound of the bell and it couldn't have come any sooner. Looked across the ring and 'Life' has a smirk on his face. Death is nowhere around so thats a good sign. A sign that its not over, not even by a long shot. I stagger across to my corner. My legs wobble like jello, my head is nowhere on my neck. My whole body aches like crazy... But i'm still breathing.

My left eye seems half shut, i can hardly see through the other one. Something tells me this next round has to be the one i come out swinging. I can't turn back now. Come too far to even contemplate that. I hear people talking to me. "Stick and move", "you re letting him get the better of you", "don't let him get you in a corner"; I don't even bother to respond, there's no point. They won't understand.

They won't understand. It's all or nothing here. I have nowhere else to go. This is it. Go hard or go home.

Funny thing about life, ha...ha. None comes out alive.

I hear the sound of the bell. Ding,ding...and i smile. I look across the ring into those eyes and he understands...at least somebody now understands.

No comments:

Post a Comment